Types of Data and Data Collection Methods
We collect a variety of personal data through the means described below. You have choices about the data we collect, so if you are asked to provide data to us, you may choose not to.
Data you submit. We collect your name, email address(es), mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and data related to the business you represent when you request information from us, register, or otherwise intentionally send us such information.
Collection of data when visiting. We respect the privacy of Web users and treat the information provided in a confidential manner. As a part of standard practice for maintaining Websites, we collect the following information when you visit the Website:
- Your domain name, such as “providercompany.com” or “payercompany.com”, which indicates the service or organization that you used to connect to the Internet;
- Your IP address, a number automatically assigned to you from your computer or to a communication device that you use to contact the Internet that shows where your information comes from;
- The type and/or version of the browser and operating system you use to access the Website;
- The Internet address of the site, such as the search engine, that you arrived at the Website from;
- A record of the pages you visited within the Website and/or how long you viewed them; and
- Information about links you clicked on while you were visiting the Website.
We collect this information generally for purposes relating to providing the Website more efficiently (such as analyzing what information is of interest to visitors and which Web browsers are preferred), for purposes relating to improving Verata Health’s business relationships and for maintaining the security of the Website. Verata Health may use this personal data for any purpose permitted by law.
Collection purposes and use of data. We collect and process personal data about you with your consent and/or as necessary to operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests. The purposes for which we collect this data includes:
- To operate and enhance our business, including to administer, protect, and improve our services and our systems, and for other internal business purposes;
- To provide you with information about our technologies, news, and other communications; and
- Any other use we describe in this Policy or at the point where we collect data.
To achieve these purposes, and to the extent permitted by law, we may combine the various types of data that we collect from different sources.
Third Party Sources. We may also obtain personal data from third party sources such as data brokers, social networks, other partners, or public sources.
When we share information with third parties, we ask that they agree in writing to abide by Verata Health’s Privacy Policies. If we discover that a third party inadvertently disclosed personal information about any of our customers, we will take immediate action to prevent future occurrences.
- Remember you so you don’t have to enter the same information when you return to the site;
- Provide you with customized content or offers on the site;
- Develop aggregate statistics to help monitor site performance, conduct research, improve our content; and
- Help protect the security of our site.
We also allow other companies such as web analytics partners, advertisers, or ad networks to set or access their cookies on the site. For example, we allow third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These third-party advertising companies employ cookies and web beacons to measure and improve the effectiveness of ads for their clients, including us. To do so, these companies use data about your visits to our site and other websites over time.
Updates and Contact